4.14.2010

i love women {et-hem}


I love women. I love their hearts, their emotions, their metaphysical make-up, their silliness, their beauty inwardly and out. I love being a woman. I love feeling my emotions and witnessing the result of paying attention to them. I love the relationship women share; the conversation, the body language, the facial expressions that need no words. I love the understanding women share without having even met. Blogging is a perfect example of that.

This is starting to sound like my Love Letter, but it's not. It's about you as a woman.

You may be wondering "what's your point?" My point is I'm on a mission...a bandwagon...an undertaking...a revolution... I'm calling it Release Me

Release meaning:
Let go of
                                             Liberate
                  Free
                                                                                       Discharge
                            Let Loose
                                                                 Make Public 

Again, C has inspired me with a quote she sent a few days ago.

"All any feeling wants is to be welcomed with tenderness. It wants room to unfold. It wants to relax and tell its story. It wants to dissolve like a thousand writhing snakes that with a flick of kindness become harmless strands of rope."

Author Geneen Roth in the book "Women Food and God: 
An Unexpected Path to Almost Everything." 

America isn't very forgiving of feelings, whether our own or someone else's that has been put on us. We grow up in homes where crying is hushed, anger is repressed, excitement is squelched, laughter is quieted, and frustration is explained away. As the quote says "All any feeling wants is to be welcomed with tenderness..." It's time to welcome our feelings and be OK with them regardless if those around us are or not.

Too often we dismiss our feelings. Not giving them the proper environment to be heard so we can heal and move forward stronger. Whatever the reason we repress them--fear, embarrassment, timing, reasoning, denial, protecting someone else--it's time for us to know and feel comfortable expressing our feelings. 
We hold our feelings in for the sake of sparing others their feelings. Yet, in turn, whose feelings are being sacrificed? Why is it that we believe someone else is more important?

Feelings aren't right or wrong/should or shouldn't - They are what they are; feelings... and they have a right to be expressed and heard and responded to with kindness.

I'm not sure how this mission is going to play out... but it will be played.

I need your help, your ideas, your vision and your amazing, womanly passions.

Ladies... will you join me in Release Me?


6 comments:

JennyLee said...

Absolutely!

Unknown said...

I'm with you!

Michelle Hix said...

Hi Anna

It has been sooo long since I've blogged or read any blogs. But to be honest, I've thought of you over the past several months many times and wondered how you were doing. Tonight I opened my Reader for the first time in...oh way too long. And well, I found your new blog. I'm getting caught up :-)

This post about women made me smile. It reminds me of how much I used to hear my own thoughts in your words.

Women are divine, beautiful, strong, and complicated creatures. They've been the cause of so much pain in my life. But they have also brought so much healing to my soul.

Tillie said...

LOVE this!!!! i need to release. thanks so much!!!

Madison Sanders said...

Beautiful post that speaks volumes.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

I love this!!! It is so true and I could use a little releasing myself. Count me in!!!